The title of this blog was inspired by Psalm 42:2, which simply expresses my heart and desire:
"My soul thirsts for God, for the living God..."
I believe that is true of every human being - that we were brought into existence for a relationship with our Creator,* and, as Augustine said, "..our heart is restless until it rests in [Him]."
In Christ, I have found the living water that quenches that thirst, but there is still more to be discovered, more to be experienced as I follow Him each day.
This blog is a place for me to record some of that journey - to share lessons that the Lord is teaching me, think through questions, and express some of the struggles and joys I find along the way. Some of that is in the form of my own writing, some in quotes or resources that I find encouraging or edifying that I want to pass along.
I love to read, and I like to know at least a little about the person behind the writing. Maybe you're that way too. I won't bore you with a complete autobiography, but here are a small smattering of facts:
- God pursued me and won my heart as a child, when by His grace I trusted in Christ for salvation.
- I have two parents, five brothers, a sister, a sister-in-law, and two precious nieces.
- I've run my own business for the past few years but am ending that chapter of my life soon to marry my sweetheart and move to a new city in July. I so look forward to being his wife and making a home!
- I love to be outdoors, enjoying God's creation through active activities (hiking, long walks, canoeing, horse-back riding, running...) or just quiet sitting. The beauty He creates almost never ceases to amaze me.
- I love hearing your (people of all kinds) stories.
- I want to be a better writer and reader, because I love both but have a tendancy towards procrastination in these areas. I blame facebook.
I like hearing from readers or visitors, so leave me a comment!
* Go here to read about how we can have a relationship with God.