I was recently tagged to complete this on facebook, and thought I would post it here as well. I won't tag anyone but if any of you want to play, post it on your blog and leave a comment to let me know! You're supposed to share 25 random stories, facts, interests, etc. about yourself.
1. I really love hot drinks...coffee and tea, hot chai made with milk especially.
2. As a child, we moved ALOT. I think my parents thought they were gypsies. Most of these moves happened when I was pretty little, but the ones I remember where fun.
3. Growing up, I alternated between being a girly-girl and a tomboy. Here's a funny story for yah: One day when I was about four, my Mom was taking a nap. (Isn't that funny!) So my big brother and I went outside and threw mud pies at our white siding house until it was practically covered. Then I climbed into a bucket and my brother buried me up to my neck in mud from the garden. Fun times...until Mom woke up.
4. I took Riding lessons for two years when I was nine and won a whole bunch of ribbons in a horseshow...I was truly obsessed with horses and thought life would end if I didn't have my own by the time I was a teenager. Didn't happen, but I survived. :)
5. I used to climb under my bed to work on my "novels".
6. I started writing poetry when I learned to print but stopped about five years ago, not sure why.
7. I still enjoy writing though, and am working on a correspondence course right now. But I'm shy about showing my work :S
8. When I was fifteen I decided I was going to become a photographer for National Geographic - I pictured myself climbing trees in the Rain Forest and petting baby elephants in the wild. Ha!
9. At 5'7, I will one day be the shortest person in my family.
10. I have very pointy elbows. I never realized this until my sister-in-law "pointed" it out to me one day. Who needs pepper spray with elbows like mine? :)
11. I looove to read.
12. I frequently have to restrain myself from ordering books off of Amazon.
13. I usually have 5 + books on the go at a time.
14. Mostly non-fiction, as most fiction is either too mushy or trashy or badly written, unless we're talking classics, which I haven't read enough of.
15. Lately I'm enjoying writing by Spurgeon, A.W Pink, John MacArthur and John Piper.
16. John Piper inspires me.
17. I admire people who can run for more than 2 minutes.
18. I hope to become one of those people when the weather gets warmer...we shall see :)
19. I'm a very domestic sort of person...I love cooking and cleaning and organizing and decorating. Can't wait to have my own home someday!
20. I wish I could read ancient Greek. Every year I think, "This year I'll learn Greek!" but it hasn't happened yet. Hey, maybe this year!
21. Every Tuesday night (mostly) I go over to my sister-in-law's art studio to paint or draw or work on some kind of art project. We make tea and chit chat for a couple minutes and then dissapear into our own private worlds of MP3 players and creativity for 3 hours. My sister-in-law posesses all the artistic talent I wish I had. :)
22. I've played the fiddle since I was 9 but haven't practised as much as I'd like to in the last few years. I would love to play the cello.
23. I love chocolate. This is a well-known fact but I had to include it.
24. I love rainy days, and Spring and Fall.
25. If I had to define myself in one sentence, I'd say, "I am a Christian". I don't believe in stuffy, man-made religion - I belive in the transforming truth of Ephesians 2:8,9: "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not as a result of works, that no one may boast." There is nothing like the forgiveness, peace, and true joy found in a relationship with the Creator of the universe. Any questions? :)