19.7.10

Just another reminder to TRUST...

Hmmm, funny to see that my "readership" is growing, even though I never write anymore! (And we're talking like from a few people up to the startling number of 13, according to my sidebar, hehe)

Anyway, I do hope to get writing again - I've met some neat people through the online world, and I like to at least attempt to encourage others by posting things that I've been encouraged by, or am learning, etc. Meanwhile, here is a hymn that has spoken into my life lately...just so much of it is applicable, and challenging to me as well. What about you? Does this hymn express where you are in life, or what you've been going through? How do the truths here encourage your heart?















Child of My love, fear not the unknown morrow,
Dread not the new demand life makes of thee;
Thy ignorance doth hold no cause for sorrow
Since what thou knowest not is known to Me.

Thou canst not see today the hidden meaning
Of my command, but thou the light shalt gain;
Walk on in faith, upon my promise leaning,
And as thou goest, all shall be made plain.

One step thou seest--then go forward boldly,
One step is far enough for faith to see;
Take that, and thy next duty shall be told thee,
For step by step thy Lord is leading thee.

Stand not in fear, thy adversaries counting,
Dare every peril, save to disobey;
Thou shalt march on, all obstacles surmounting,
For I, the Strong, will open up the way.

Wherefore, go gladly to the task assigned thee,
Having my promise, needing nothing more
Than just to know, where'er the future find thee,
In all thy journeying, I go before.

-F. J. Exley, D. D

No comments: