1. God is sovereign. Even when I can't understand why some things happen and others don't, the Creator of the Universe is at work in ways I can't comprehend, and His plan is perfect.
2. Grace is amazing. I am not perfect, and never will be in this life, but I can rest in the fact that God sees the righteousness of Christ when He looks at me. I'm accepted.
3. Joy can be found even in trials. The key is to keep my focus on Jesus. Trials are designed for my sanctification, not my destruction.
4. More honesty and less pride equals a better friendship.
5. Scripture memory is important... and nothing highlights my lack of discipline better than that. (You're more than welcome to pray for me in this area!)
6. Believing God - really believing - involves action, not just mental consent. But the action needs to be done relying on God's power.
God knows that there is still much reviewing of these lessons needed in my life. : )