28.3.09

Soul Trouble

The lesson of wisdom is, be not dismayed by soul-trouble. Count it no strange thing, but a part of ordinary… experience. Should the power of depression be more than ordinary, think not that all is over with your usefulness. Cast not away your confidence, for it hath great recompense of reward. Even if the enemy’s foot be on your neck, expect to rise amid and overthrow him. Cast the burden of the present, along with the sin of the past and the fear of the future, upon the Lord, who forsaketh not his saints.” - Charles Spurgeon

3 comments:

Kendra said...

Thanks Steph, I needed that. :) You are a great friend, listener, and encourager. Keeping my eyes on Jesus!

Stephanie said...

Actually, I thought about you when I read this. Let's not give up our courage - the One who we trust is always faithful!

Jennifer said...

Wow, that's really powerful! It definitely challenges how we perceive things....I'm much better! Thanks for asking :)