7.3.09

Jesus is more valuable than my comfort.

I want to go deeper - to know God more fully, to see Him more clearly. To experience more of His power in daily living, for my life to be starkly different because I am a Christian. However, I am the kind of person that leans more toward enjoy-God-in-my-safe-little-comfort-zone kind of living. This is not a good thing. In fact, it's got to go. I have a feeling it will be a life-long struggle, but Jesus didn't say living for Him would be easy.

I want to know His power, but how can I do that if I don't take risks? 2 Corinthians 12:9 silences my small excuses: Power is perfected...in weakness. Weakness? I qualify! It all comes down to moving away from self-centeredness, all this me stuff.

I don't know what this means for you today.

For me, it means doing the homework for a class on Evangelism I'm taking: going to a public place to hand out Gospel tracts. I don't feel very brave, and I definitely don't feel very equipped, but I'm greatful to stand on the truth of 2 Corinthians 3:5 - "Not that we are adequate in ourselves to consider anything as coming from ourselves, but our adequacy is from God."

2 comments:

ladyakofa said...

Hello Stephanie,

I'm back and your questions have been answered. See my blog.
I hope all is well? Have a lovely week!

soon,
Akofa.

Anonymous said...

We don't know each other in real life, but I just wanted to leave a comment thanking you for this reminder. "Jesus is more valuable than my comfort" is so important for me to remember as I prepare for Easter!