2.7.09

Good news, no matter what.

I was encouraged this morning by Spurgeon's devotional:

"Blessed is the fact that Christians can rejoice even in the deepest distress; although trouble may surround them, they still sing; and, like many birds, they sing best in their cages. The waves may roll over them, but their souls soon rise to the surface and see the light of God's countenance; they have a buoyancy about them which keeps their head always above the water, and helps them to sing amid the tempest, "God is with me still."

God is with me. In the mess and clutter of every-day life, my soul is often slow to acknowledge and embrace the earth-shaking truth of that simple statement. He is with me - comforting me with His presence, counseling me with wisdom, guiding me with unchanging faithfulness, correcting me in perfect love.

We can't always see the why or when or how, but we can say with confidence, My God is with me.

If You can calm the sea
Then You can comfort me
If winds obey Your voice
Why should I fear their noise
And though my eyes can’t see
I know You’re with me


- Peace, by Sovereign Grace music

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Beautiful and true. Thanks for sharing that. :-)