18.8.09

Does my attitude reflect this?

Gracious is the Lord, and righteous; Yes, our God is compassionate... Return to your rest, O my soul, For the Lord has dealt bountifully with you...

What shall I render to the Lord For all His benefits toward me? To You I shall offer a sacrifice of thanksgiving...(Psalm 116:7,12,17)

What a gentle rebuke these words are...do I not often, in my attitudes and thoughts, doubt the Lord's graciousness, His compassion, his full provision of what I need, and then some? I know that He has given me much more than I deserve. He has dealt bountifully with me.

Salvation, the light of His presence. Knowing daily His sustaining grace. Music. Morning sunlight. Hazelnut coffee and Bible time. Family that loves me. A car to drive to work in. A healthy body. Baby smiles from my nieces...big and little things, always changing...

He deserves our praises, our thanksgiving, our joyful surrender (even when we don't feel like it) of everything we have, and hope for, and desire...so worthy of these, and much more...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen - we truly are blessed!