9.8.09

Solid Rock

I discovered a new treasure the other day - the words to the hymn, "If Thou But Suffer God to Guide Thee". It was just what my soul needed to soak in - often the case when I flip through an old hymnbook during my devotional times. The language is archaic, which may or may not be your preference. (I love it!) Read and I hope you'll be encouraged, as I was:

If thou but suffer God to guide thee,
and hope in Him through all thy ways,
He'll give thee strength, what e'er betide thee,
and bear thee through the evil days;
Who trusts in God's unchanging love
builds on the Rock that naught can move.

Only be still, and wait His leisure
in cheerful hope, with heart content
To take what e'er Thy Father's pleasure
and all discerning love hath sent;
Nor doubt our inmost wants are known
to Him who chose us for His own.

Sing, pray, and keep his ways unswerving,
so do thine own part faithfully;
And trust His Word, though undeserving,
thou yet shall find it true for thee;
God never yet forsook at need
the soul that trusted Him indeed.


No comments: