7.12.10

Happenings of late

And just like that, it's December.

I can hardly believe how quickly we've slipped from fall to winter, Christmas rapidly moving closer. I'm trying to keep in right order the things that fill up my days - family, friends, work, church, activities. I want to enjoy this season - holiday baking, buying gifts for people I love, spending (some) cozy evenings inside with the glow of Christmas lights and normal hubbub of family about.

Taking time to enjoy and appreciate simple things, and especially to set aside time just to be with the Lord - praying, reading His Word, soaking in what He has to say to me, considering how to apply it all.

I haven't blogged in a few weeks, but I do want to continue. I think partly, I've been a little busier than usual, and just haven't been disciplined enough to sit down and write. Another distraction - but a very good one - has been someone the Lord has brought into my life, and the surprise of beginning a relationship with this guy in the last month! (Insert a big smile) I've wanted to write a little of our story on here, but have been hesitant for a couple of reasons - one, we are not very far into the story yet, and two, I'm never sure how many personal details to share on a public blog. Still, I'll probably write more sometime soon.

For now I'll just say that I'm completely amazed that a few months ago, I was beginning a series on singleness with absolutely no hint that God was working behind the scenes and would very soon be ushering in new circumstances. It's amazing to me, and humbling - I feel like I don't deserve this godly man who's pursuing me, but I am so happy to know him, and am excited to see where the Lord will lead in the days to come!

6 comments:

Loris said...

Happy to see you writing again Stephanie :)

And believe me, this young man is very happy (and he knows how fortunate he is) to know you! ;)

ladyakofa said...

Aaaaw! This is so sweet! Enjoy the new season! :-)

Julie said...

happy for you!! :)

anita said...

And just like that God says, "You were saying?" He holds us so tenderly in His hand and knows what is best for us. We like the direction this is going! Don't we serve a marvelous Heavenly Father?

Jennifer said...

God is so wonderful that way! Happy for you!!

Anonymous said...

I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

God Bless You :-)

~Ron